Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm sore today!

I am soooooooo sore today it's not even funny! I worked out yesterday and I'm definately paying for it today! Does anybody have any suggestions that I can use to widdle my middle down? Basically any suggestions for the lower portion of my body are great!

Jamie

5 All My Friends Say!:

Anonymous said...

A structured diet and walking daily did it for me. I walked about 2 1/2 to 3 miles a day, and kept the pace pretty brisk.

BITR Country Girl said...

Thanks for the suggestion Terri! That would do me and my dogs some good!

Meg said...

Get you a pedometer ( think I spelled that right)...losing weight is not easy but...if you are walking every day and keeping up with the number of steps you are taking you at least know how much more you have to do. My understanding is you have to walk more than 10,000 steps a day to lose weight. I walk between 18,000 and 20,000 on any given day. My goal is 30...seriously. This really helps on the days I don't make it to the gym.


I am so proud of you! Go Jamie!!!

BITR Country Girl said...

Thanks Meg for the suggestion! I think I'll pick up a pedometer while I'm at work tonight!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

You could come hang out with me-LOL. Got more horses that need to be rode, three yards to keep up, trees to trim, corrals to clean, etc...

Honestly though, I used to have a really hard time with my waist and thighs. I started a brisk walking routine and worked my way into body building. I worked at sculpting my muscles not bulking up and it made a tremendous difference. In the first 2 months I dropped a pant size, but gained some pounds. It sorta freaked me out because back then I was concerned about weight. One of the guys I worked out with told me not to worry about it, muscle weights twice as much as fat and takes up half the space. Eventually the weight came down too because muscle burns fat and calories.

Keep with it girl-you can do it!!!