Thursday, August 28, 2008

Weird dog and more fair stuff

Does anyone else out there have a dog that sleeps on there back with their legs straight up in the air? Laci does that and if she gets to snoring your nap is caput....She snores extra super loud.

In other news.... Our exhibits are at the fair and we can find out how well we did this evening. Judging starts at 10 this morning and it's usually done by the time that the fair opens at 5. My cousins showed ag-diorama's this year and the judge was extremely mean to them. She had not a nice thing to say about either of their displays. One comment that she made to pretty much everybody was "you must have the only flat farm in Iowa County." She was trying to make a point but she did it VERY rudely. They are also showing in woodworking, firearms sports, latchhook, and poultry....They even have two Turkeys that are going into the meat sale on Saturday night. My aunt is in riding in the donkey race on Sunday. If she wins 1st or 2nd she gets $100 for her 4-H group. They also have stuff entered in the open show so that they could get the pass for the whole fair, but I can't remember what everybody has entered right now. If she has the most interesting costume she gets another $50 for her 4-H group. So in addition to photo's of how my mom and I did there will be photo's of how the boys, my aunt, uncle, and my mom and I did.

P.S. My calendar came yesterday! 2009 is going to be a great year!

3 All My Friends Say!:

The Wife said...

Good luck at the fair! Country fairs are so much fun. I haven't been to a good one in a long time. Miss it!

Paige said...

I wish I had not missed out on all that fair stuff as a kid--but I was too high faluting of a prima donna back in the day to even consider such things. I am over it now

and yes, I have one of those upside down dogs--actually, I have 2 that do it, but Slater sleeps like that every day. And snores. And farts. And rests in the floor next to the recliner like that. He is mostly upside down all the time, and at 170 pounds, that is a lot of upside down dog

CRacks me up

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear how you did!