Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How my blog got it's new name

I live in the quinessential "yuppie hell"! I live in a neighborhood chock full of small children....Who like to scream really loud outside my window when I'm trying to get some sleep for work, soccer mom's, Mini Vans, people who like to bring their ATV's to mom's house and ride them up and down the street in front of our house all afternoon long, etc. Basically in our neighborhood if you walk wrong down the street they'll warn you once then they call the cops. If you own a dog your triple "screwed", if they poo in a yard you better clean it up or the cops will be called, if you take them to the park and them run you'd better make sure that nobodies around cause god forbid they breath on somebodies 5 year old, if your dog happens to like to "vocalize" your allowed MAYBE one bark before the authorities are called. We've been here 13 years and it's only gotten worse as more "yuppies" have moved into our neighborhood!

6 All My Friends Say!:

Anonymous said...

I bet that is rough on a country girl.
I always feel better to get it off my chest too.
I do enjoy the country and BoDog enjoys it also. He wouldn't like being allowed one bark.
Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

We're a little more relaxed than that in my neighborhood, though it's not uncommon for Bob, across the street, to yell "SLOW DOWN" at the teenagers driving at breakneck speed through the streets.

BITR Country Girl said...

ga.farmgirl ~ it is really rough being around all this "specialness."

Terri ~ I wish my neighborhood was more like yours!

Anonymous said...

Sounds horrible. We have snobby neighbors who are very unfriendly except for our one nice next-door neighbor. Our street is a little more dog friendly than this but not much.

Sharon said...

Bless your heart. I'd hate to live in a neighborhood that was like that. It would be Hell. I live in an old neighborhood that is pretty laid back.

BITR Country Girl said...

Gina ~ it has it's good days and its bad days.

Sharon ~ Oh yes, it can be a real pain to live where I'm at sometimes!