Friday, April 25, 2008

I Shouldn't have to choose....

I found this delightful blog this morning while I was surfing around on blogcatalog.com called The Sassy Southerner. The first post on the page was about how the "little people" like you and me are suffering in our own country. With just this one post it has struck a nerve with me and now I've got yet another rant.

I shouldn't have to choose if I'm going to put gas in my car or buy food for work for the week. The "big man" is really having a grand time trying to suck all of us "little people" dry. First, it was gas prices - we're over $3.50 a gallon here, what's it like where you're from? Then it was the little things that started to skyrocket. Now a lot of people out there in our country have to decide if their going to feed their families/put gas in the car or pay the bills. It just should not be this way. We're supposed to be "the greatest country in the world" why isn't the government doing more to try and help out us "little people?" I guess it has a lot to do with the all mighty dollar.

Off my soapbox for now

Jamie

P.S. I've provided the links to both the Sassy Southerner and the post that inspired this rant. Please click on "Sassy Southerner" and the word "post" to go to either.

3 All My Friends Say!:

Sharon said...

I agree with you. One thing that really gripes me is social security. It is put in by the people for their OWN retirement. What does the government do? Gives it out willy nilly to anyone except the people who put it in. Our social security and taxes are supporting all kinds of things we would hot have them used for.

Anonymous said...

We are a family of 5. We have been waiting for 3 plus years on my husband disability on his eyes. He was turned down because he doesn't qualify as blind under the guidelines of Alabama. Well no he's not blind but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a problem (eye surgery gone bad combined with being born with bad eyes. He paid it in, but the government decides who can get it and it doesn't. It sucks to be us.. LOL

Thanks for stopping by and I love your rant. :)

BITR Country Girl said...

Sharon ~ Thanks for agreeing with me! I didn't know you were Rusty's mom! I love Rusty's blog!

Sassy ~ I'm sorry about your husbands eyes. I love how the government screws us over any chance they can. Love your blog!