Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Day of Rest....

So today is going to be a day of rest for both Laci and I. Don't want to burn ourselves out right away. As I'm writting this she's passed out cold on my bed. Yesterday I was down a pound to 161 so I'm headed in the right direction. Got a great work out at work last night....Up and down ladders for 2 hours is a pretty decent leg work out, right?

My cousins did really well with there turkey's yesterday. My oldest cousin got Grand Champion and his little brother got first place with his bird (but according to him his bird was bigger overall than the Grand Champion bird AKA his brothers bird.) The turkey's were sold at the meat animal sale and they both did VERY well there too. My mom won the overall photography award with her picture of my grandpa's former St. Bernard Howard (he passed away this past winter). She's really happy about that and we're really happy overall with the results that we've gotten being this is our first year. The results post will probably be posted early Wednesday morning (while my mom is sleeping so I can off load the pictures on to her computer.)

The donkey race is today! My aunt is riding in it as Elvis! If she comes in 1st or 2nd place she wins $100 for her 4-h group and best costume wins $50 for the 4-h group. I'll take pictures of the costume too.

Have a great Labor Day!

Jamie

2 All My Friends Say!:

Flying Lily said...

Hey, great workout reports! inspiring. Hope Auntie Elvis wins.

Mercedes said...

I love your new look here! SO sorry I haven't been over in awhile! I haven't been over to anyone's blog lately...even my own! Just wanted to pop in and say howdy!

Mere