Thursday, August 14, 2008

In Regards to my "I'm beginning to develop a complex" post....

In my post about my potential "complex" yesterday I just wanted to say that the post it's self was written in frustration over lack of feedback on my posts and I don't want anybody out there to feel obligated to comment because of it. I just wish that the "window shoppers" (thanks for that one Train Wreck!) would "buy" something every once in a while is all.

I also took the comment moderation off for when you go to leave comments. I don't know if that is a deterant or not but I only had it on to reduce spam and "unwanted" (AKA mean, rude, crude, etc.) comments. So if that was what was holding you back it's gone (for now anyway).

Have a great day!

BITR Country Girl

6 All My Friends Say!:

Anonymous said...

You'll get there. It just takes time to develop those connections and gain a regular group of readers. You mentioned switching from blogger to wordpress and back. I've done that a couple times and it always throws people off a bit. You also have to remember it's Summer. Blogland slows down a LOT over the summer. It's not a reflection on you or your writing if people don't comment. They are likely just trying to enjoy Summer as much as possible before it gets cold again.

LL said...

Look hon... nobody's going to feel obligated enough to comment. If they want to, they will, it's as simple as that. Unless of course they can blame Train Wreck for it... :P

As for the spam, just enable your word verification. It's a pain, but it stops most of it.

Now... I couldn't help but notice that you've asked "What do you want me to write about?" in the past. All I can tell you is this... this isn't a homework assignment. If you write for somebody else just to get comments, you rarely will. Just be yourself and write when and what you want. If you want to post everyday, do it. If you want to post once a week, do that. Just remember, this is your little corner of the ethosphere, write what you want and you'll do fine.

BITR Country Girl said...

Thanks for the honesty LL.

Paige said...

I love your background, and would love to change my blog to a similar set up with a picture of our farm or something --but I am too ignorant to do it.

any tips?

BITR Country Girl said...

Paige ~ If you want you can e-mail me and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Paige said...

Just your suggestion on where to look has helped- I am all changed. I am sure I will change it again, but at least I have an idea of where to start now

THANKS!