Friday, September 12, 2008

Weigh In for Hot For The Holidays...

So the first official weigh in for Hot for the Holidays was this morning. The challenge started on Monday but we don't weigh in until Friday. On Monday I weighed in at 161 pounds. When I got on the scale this morning to weigh in I was still holding steady at 159 pounds. So I'm officially down 2 pounds for the week. I just hope that I'm losing my extra pounds the healthy way. Is 2 pounds in a week normal/healthy, I'm not really sure?

Each week of the challenge there is a question that is asked and here is this weeks question:
"What do you want your legacy to be?"

I just want people to know that I was here really. I don't need to do anything real extravagant like cure cancer or anything but just to know that people actually know that I was here would be a great feeling.

I want to pose a question to any other challenge bloggers out there who might read this (from either challenge really). Is there anyone out there who would consider being part of a "mini group?" Cause as much as I would like to comment on all of the participants blogs there are just too many of them to do that. I'll be honest I got the idea for this from another challenge blogger and I really like the idea.

Yesterday I got ambitious and went for 2 walks. One with the dog and one just me, myself and I. I also did a mile on the exercise bike too. I thought I would be sore in the legs this morning cause it's been awhile since I've been on a bike, but I'm doing feeling pretty good this morning.

Have a GREAT weekend everybody!

Jamie/BITR Country Girl

10 All My Friends Say!:

Unknown said...

Exercise Bike continue to sell well even though there are new exercise machines constantly coming on the market. Fad machines come and go, but exercise machines continue to sell simply because they work.

Joanna said...

You did great! (stopping by from HFH) I think that 2 lbs a week is healthy. But I think it depends on what you did to get there counts as well. Starving yourself losing 2 lbs, well no that isn't healthy. But if you do it by exercising and watching what you eat, then that's healthy! I hope this answers your question. And that is just my opinion, I am by no means any sorta medical professional. : )

briy said...

Yay mini-group!

It's true that I don't know you, but that's the idea! We can get to know each other. :) I'd love to team up. You seem like a cool girl, and according to your Blogger profile you like reading fiction books, so that's good enough for me! (I was a creative writing major in college.)

Maybe I'll write up a little "getting to know you" meme and post it in my blog, and you can do it whenever you have a chance or feel so inclined. That could get us started.

To answer your question- I'm no super-expert, but I've always read that 1-2 pounds a week is healthy weight loss, so you should be just fine. I hope you have awesome weeks like that often, and that it rubs off on me!

So I've added you to my Google Reader, and I'll be awaiting your next post, teammate! :) Have a great day~

bc

terri said...

2 pounds this week! Awesome! Sounds to me like you are doing it the healthy way with 2 walks and some biking. Way to go!

Bekah said...

yep 2 lbs a week is right on target!

good work!

Christie O. said...

congrats to you!! and great answer to the question. i hope people know i was here too once i've left -- and in a good way, haha! it's like the saying goes, when you go through life, make sure you leave a mark, not a stain. hahah! just kidding. i heard that once and it makes me laugh. anyway, great job. and yes, i agree with the other bloggers, 1-2 pounds a week is the healthy way to go, with a healthy diet and exercise.

Unknown said...

2# a week has been my goal for a while - I think it's good, and nearly as overwhelming as 36#.

Tiffers said...

Congrats on the 2 pound loss! AWESOME!

Natalie said...

Congrats on your weight loss...2 pounds is good and healthy!

Jen said...

I LOVE your BLOG! Thanks so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment! Wow, 2 lbs in a week! That's fantastic!

As for the mini group, I love the idea. I'm never gonna be able to keep up all the blogs on the HFH!

I told Bikini Bound it was a great idea as well :)