Saturday, September 13, 2008

Who Am I MeMe

1. What's your name? Or at least something we can call you that's less of a mouthful than the name of your blog. :)

My name is Jamie. You can call me pretty much anything and I'll more than likely answer to it.


2. Give us a paragraph (as much or as little as you'd like) about your weight loss story, including at least your goal. (You don't have to give actual numbers if that's not your style. :) We'll try to read back through your blog as much as possible, but just get us started.

I got hurt at work last December and when I went to my Dr. appointment with my Dr. the scale said 177 pounds. I was more than a little bit unhappy with that and I decided that it was time to get rid of the weight. I started to get real serious about losing the weight in March when we adopted a second dog....She's considerably younger than our other dog and needs to be walked/exercised more often. So that was the beginning. I started walking more but instead of losing weight I was losing inches. I started out in a size 14 pair of jeans and when I fell off the wagon in April I was down a couple of sizes (plus with my job we're on our feet moving around pretty much our whole shift so I've continued to lose inches even though I haven't been watching what I eat). I had a major falling off the wagon episode where I just lost interest and I just could not get myself motivated to continue which lasted pretty much until a couple of weeks ago. So know I've joined a couple of weight loss challenges, cut soda completely out of my life - well 8 days anyway, I've been watching what I've been eating, walking/working out more and I'm down 5 pounds so far.

An added bonus was the other day when I went clothes shopping and I found out that since March I've gone from a 14 down to a size 10! That makes me estatic!

If you want to go back through blog posts to find out more, I actually had a blog specifically for my weight loss that I don't use anymore. Here's the link: http://slimmingdownjamers.blogspot.com/


3. What kind of exercise do you do? What works best for you? What doesn't work for you?

I'm newer to this whole exercise thing but right now I'm doing a lot of walking. It's low impact and it's good for me and the dog (plus one of my knee's has been bothering me lately, so I've been trying not to do anything to crazy). I'm still trying to figure out all the specifics of what works for me and what doesn't so I'm not real sure how to answer that part of the question.

4. What are your biggest struggles?

My biggest struggles are "emotional" eating and trying to stay motivated. I'm getting a little bit better about my eating habits but I'm now where near perfected them yet. As for staying motivated I'm still trying to figure that one out.


5. What are three of your hobbies that aren't weight loss-related? We probably have far more in common than just a desire to be "hot for the holidays." :)


1. Reading....I'm partial to fiction but there are some non-fiction out there that have been pretty good too.

2. Blogging....I love to blog. I'll be honest I have a small circle of friends outside of bloggy world and as much as I love them I love connecting with my bloggy friends too.

3. Traveling - I haven't been to very many places yet but I do love to travel and see new places and things.


6. Tell us one cool, unique thing about you.

I have a slight "thing" for cowboys, Ben Roethlisberger, and Kasey Kahne. I also used to be terrfied of cows.

*What ideas do you have for how we can help each other as a team aside from just reading and commenting? We could do little mini-challenges, and have a few weekly activities, but it all depends on what you want, have time for, and think will help.

I'm all for mini-challenges! How about in addition to the weekly question posted on the HFH blog we have our own little question too? I need all the support/motivation I can get so I'm pretty much game for anything really. I'm sure as we go along we'll think up things that we can do as a group too. So I think we've got a little bit of time to ponder this question. But I can hardly wait to hear other people's suggestions too.

5 All My Friends Say!:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, baby! Gotta love them cowboys! Yeehaw!!!

briy said...

Yay~ you did the meme. And thanks for the blog love in your last post. :)

That's really awesome that you've lost all those sizes! Shopping for new clothes and discovering that new size is the best feeling, huh? I'm down to a size 10 now too, and I'm really only shooting for a size 8, I think, and I'll be so happy! And being down 5 pounds already is awesome! You're totally on your way~

Walking is such a great exercise because of how low impact it is. When I don't feel like running or doing anything else, I can usually convince myself to go for a walk--it's a nice little quiet zen time for me to clear my head too.

Those are two of my big struggles too. I used to eat just to eat, because I loved it, but I also would eat when I was upset. I've mostly curbed eating just to eat because I'm bored or want to by other hobbies (especially exercise), but my first thought when I'm upset is still food food food. Maybe it will always be. And my motivation has waned as I've gotten closer to goal, for sure. I'm hoping this challenge, and having a little team, will be that last push I need.

Who are some of your favorite authors?

I agree about more questions and mini-challenges. That's a fabulous idea. Maybe each of us could choose a day each week when we post a question or mini-challenge, or just a little inspiration for the others? I can do Mondays.

p.s. THANKS! I didn't know who Kasey Kahne and Ben Roethlisberger were, but I Googled them, and they're lovely to look at! lol.

Have a good day! Keep up the good work!
briy

Abby said...

Good meme! I like that you are living proof that people don't have to go to an expensive gym or get a per$onal trainer to get healthy and slim.

I've always had a slight thing for cowboys too, even though the hubby's a city slicker.

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Kasey Kahne....Mmmmm Mmmmm Good. ;0)

Kepp working! So proud of you for your weight loss!

*smooches*

Jen said...

Wow. What an great post! You're doing great! I love when you go down a pant size! It's the best feeling in the world!